Carol Henriques is founder and Managing Partner of HighBar Consulting. She has 25 years of experience helping clients address challenging business and organizational challenges. She worked in not-for-profit and public sector organizations prior to leading organization transformation efforts inside Pfizer and Ameritech. Carol then transitioned to external consulting where she took her experience to a variety of industries. She also helped build and led consulting practices of the next 10 years before starting HighBar Consulting in 2009. Through HighBar, Carol has the opportunity to work not only with for-profit companies, but also to pursue her passion of serving purpose driven organizations. She provides a unique blend of deep subject-matter expertise, objectivity, critical thinking, pragmatism, and flexibility to each of her clients’ unique situations. Carol builds deep, long-term trusted advisor relationships with clients.
Carol works with clients on all kinds of challenging talent and organizational issues. A sample of recent client projects that Carol has led include:
- Redesigning organization structures, processes, and roles within, and across functions of companies and not-for profit institutions
- Supporting transformation, performance improvement and culture change efforts for many clients by providing organization design, leadership, team, and organization development support
- Coaching and advising business leaders and leadership teams to improve their performance and leadership capacity
- Building and facilitating several customized leadership development efforts involving peer and individual coaching as well as cohort-based action learning
- Building talent development and selection processes and tools for major urban school districts to select and principals and headquarters’ staff
- Building the strategic plans and sustainable planning processes for several major Chicago not-for-profits and cultural institutions
Carol has lasting relationships with her clients who value her listening, expert facilitation, coaching, and problem-solving capabilities. She built her consulting expertise with Qwest, Arthur Andersen, Deloitte and Capital H Group before starting HighBar Consulting in 2009. Carol obtained an MBA from Columbia University and a Bachelors’ from University of Texas. She has authored numerous articles and speaks frequently at industry events. She is certified in a variety of leadership and talent instruments.
When Carol’s not working with clients or helping in the community she enjoys spending time with family and friends around Chicago, cooking and entertaining, participating in all kinds of exercise, travelling, serving as a volunteer, and learning anything and everything.