Katie Cornelis has fifteen years of experience partnering with clients on their talent, leadership, strategy and organizational needs. Katie has managed a wide-range of projects in the areas of leadership development, team development, organization change and transition, strategy clarification, organizational design, talent management and human resources effectiveness. She has applied her skills across industries such as consumer products, professional services, non-profit, education, distribution and healthcare.
Katie partners with her clients on the following types of projects:
- Design and facilitate leadership and team development programs for all levels of leadership to improve leadership performance and productivity and increase leadership potential. This typically includes skill assessment and feedback and one on one and/or small group development sessions.
- Advise clients on managing organizational change efforts and improving their leadership performance through the change
- Partner with clients to clarify and gain alignment among leaders on their strategic direction. This typically includes designing and facilitating a strategy clarification process to clarify and align an organization on its’ mission, vision, strategic priorities / initiatives and individual goals
- Partner with clients to ensure their strategy is aligned with their structure, processes and roles. This typically include an organization assessment and recommendations followed by an in depth facilitated design process
- Develop talent management programs / services / tools including development of (i) organization-wide and role specific competency models (ii) succession program, process and tools (iii) performance management program, process and tools and (iv) recruiting program, process and tools
Katie’s prior work experience includes helping to build consulting practices as a Project Manager with BPI group and Capital H Group. She has also worked at Deloitte Consulting, where she started her career. Katie holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration in Finance from the University of Iowa, with a minor in Psychology.
Katie is passionate about connecting with her clients to help them grow and achieve their personal and organizational goals. The most important thing to Katie is her family which includes her husband and three young children. Katie also enjoys long walks, cooking and reading and hopes to travel more once her kids get a little bit older. Katie volunteers in her local community when time allows.